Ximena is a wife and mom of two kids. When pregnant with her first child, she discovered $20,000.00 of unexplained debt. Later, her husband owned up to taking that money to gamble. At this point, she seriously considered divorce. From that point forward, she was in charge of the family finances. However, 10 years later, there was money unaccounted for due to gambling. Again, she considered divorce.
This is when Ximena tried counselling, and in this episode you’ll hear her experiences with individual and couples counselling.
In this episode, you’ll hear about
- How Ximena met her husband
- When she discovered her husband was facing a problem with gambling
- What happened 10 years later
- Ximena’s counselling experience
- Her suggestions for someone in a similar situation
Resources and links from this episode
- BC Problem Gambling Helpline 1.888.795.6111
- BC Problem Gambling Counselling Information
- BC Problem Gambling Counsellor Directory
- Getting Help in BC
- How residents of BC can request a phone call from a counsellor
- Episode 6 with Jan Zacharias, Counsellor
- Self-Exclusion Program
- For information on Discovery workshops, Drop In groups or the Dialectical Behavior Therapy group, contact
- Adrienne: 604.936.3900 ext 154 or 1.800.595.8583 or DiscoveryVancouver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Kuldip: 604.764.9575 or 1.800.595.8583 or DiscoveryVancIsland [at] hotmail [dot] com
- BC Helpline 1.888.795.6111
- Problem Gambling Helplines for Canada and some other countries listed by GamTalk
- Problem Gambling Helplines State by State from the US National Council on Problem Gambling
Thanks for listening!
Thank you for listening to the Gambling Issues Podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, there’s a few ways you can help us out
- Subscribe to the podcast, so you don’t miss an episode!
- Submit a review in iTunes, this helps people find the podcast
- Share the link to this episode GamblingIssuesPodcast.com/8
- Sign up for our email list
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Ask a question or submit feedback
Thank you to Ximena for being on the podcast and the BC Responsible and Problem Gambling Program for making this podcast possible!