Jamie Ferguson, GameSense Advisor at Lake City Casino in Kamloops, B.C. is today’s guest. She has over 30 years experience working in casinos in Alberta and BC, including blackjack dealer, pit boss, and casino shift manager.
One of Jamie’s favorite quotes is “Simple gestures, taking place on the surface of life, can be of central importance of the soul.” – Thomas Moore
In this episode, you’ll hear about
- Jamie’s passions in life
- Why she became a GameSense Advisor
- What she does as a GameSense Advisor
- How she defines responsible gambling
- Myths about her role as a GameSense Advisor
- How you can contact Jamie
Resources and links from this episode
- GameSense on Twitter
- Getting Help in BC
- BC Problem Gambling Counselling Information
- BC Problem Gambling Counsellor Directory
- BC Helpline for Counsellor contact info 1.888.795.6111
- Problem Gambling Helplines for Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, South Africa and USA from the Canadian Partnership for Responsible Gambling
- Problem Gambling Helplines State by State from the US National Council on Problem Gambling
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, there’s a few ways you can help us out
- Subscribe to the podcast, so you don’t miss an episode!
- Submit a review in iTunes, this helps people find the podcast
- Share the link to this episode GamblingIssuesPodcast.com/3
- Sign up for our email list
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Ask a question or submit feedback
Thank you to Jamie Ferguson for sharing about her role and thanks to the BC Responsible and Problem Gambling Program for making this podcast possible!